Recipe for Remembrance
The Y’s Norman E. Alexander Center for Jewish Life, Bubbie’s Kitchen, and the Riverdale Y invite you to Matkon Im Zikaron — Recipe for Remembrance to honor Israel’s fallen soldiers. Through tastes and memories, this different, meaningful, and delicious commemoration enters your mouth and goes straight to your heart.
JOIN US AS WE REMEMBER
1:30 – 1:50 p.m. Meet the fallen solider’s family
1:50 – 2:30 p.m. Cook or bake together
Recipes and Instructions
1 box of noodles
1 1/2 glasses of milk
100 grams of hard cheese (e.g., Edam, Gouda, Emmental, cheddar, or American) grated
50 grams of Parmesan cheese
50 grams of Bulgarian or Feta cheese
Ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook the noodles in boiling water for 8 minutes and drain the pasta.
3. Mix the pasta with the other ingredients.
4. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until golden brown.
Ingredients for the dough:
1 cup of milk
1 cup of water
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 tablespoon of oil
1. Mix all the ingredients until smooth. This can also be done in a blender or food processor.
2. Oil the pan and pour a thin layer of batter, swirling the pan to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook briefly and transfer to a plate
Heavy whipping cream
Soft white or cream cheese
Fruit – whatever you like! (optional)
1. Whip the heavy whipping cream.
2. Add the soft white cheese of cream cheese, and mix.
3. Put a tablespoon of the filling and desired fruits in each blintz. Roll, and eat!
2 cups plus 3 tablespoons (350 grams) of self-rising flour*
4 egg yolks
3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons (200 grams) of unsalted butter OR 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil
4 eggs whites
1 cup of sugar
1 box instant vanilla pudding
200 grams of unsweetened chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all of the dough ingredients until the dough is smooth.
3. Divide the dough into 2\3 and 1\3.
4. For the cream, whip the 4 egg whites. When they start to look foamy, slowly add the sugar. Then, add the vanilla pudding and whip for another minute.
5. Spread 2\3 of the dough in the 9″ x 9″ pan, put the chocolate on top, and then spread the cream.
6. Spread the remaining dough on top of the cream.