It is with great pleasure that we announce the beginning of the next phase of our much anticipated and exciting renovation. In response to our ever-changing community, we are updating our building with a more modern design and special emphasis on safety and accessibility. We hope you are as excited as we are to begin this important step forward for our agency.
We will work diligently to provide you with the most up-to-date information throughout this 4-phase renovation. Communication with our members is of the utmost importance to us, which is why we will give you a general overview of the plan for the next year, as well as periodic updates throughout the project. Additionally, the safety of our members is our #1 priority, and we will exhaust all of our efforts and go above and beyond to ensure that you and all of your family members stay safe.
As we mentioned, our year-long renovation will take place in 4 phases. Phase 1 will begin on Wednesday October 1st and last through the end of the calendar year. Our primary focus for this stage will be the renovation of the men’s and women’s locker rooms, a brand new nursery wing, and more. Some of what will take place during phase 1 will include:
- A brand new secure nursery wing with 3 brand new bathroom-equipped classrooms and a nursery office.
- Newly renovated men’s and women’s locker rooms.
- Updated lighting and flooring.
As a result of this exciting venture, there are a few items that members should be aware of. We apologize in advanced for any inconvenience.
- For nursery parents, there will now be stroller parking in the first floor rose garden by the elevator.
- Please refer to your Program Director for any possible change in activity location. They will be more than happy to assist you throughout this process.
- There will be temporary lockers stationed in the weight room closet. Please be advised that you will require your own combination lock.
- If you left any items in locker room lockers, please pick them up from the gym office as soon as possible. Uncollected items left over will be donated.
As we mentioned, safety is our #1 priority. Please take a moment to read our safety policies below. Remember, these policies are in place to ensure that you and your family stay safe throughout the construction process.
- Stay clear of blocked off areas.
- Adhere to construction signage.
- Report any potentially unsafe conditions to Y staff members.
Each phase is broken down into three parts: demolition, construction, and clean up. Throughout each entire phase, not only will construction crews be limiting the hours with the most disruptive work to low-traffic times like early morning and late night, but we will be investing in extra cleaning crews each and every day to ensure the building looks only better than the day before.
We have shared in many memories with you in our beloved building. And as we approach our agency’s 100th birthday, we are proud to be able to say that our walls will look and feel just as modern as the programming they hold. We thank everyone in advanced for their understanding and patience, and we look forward to our future together.
Martin G. Englisher
CEO and Executive Vice President
Chief Operating Officer